Decarbonizing the Downstream Industry
21–22 June 2022, Houston
Although the US energy market had already begun its decarbonisation journey, the Biden administration and transformative goal of achieving net zero in the power sector by 2035 and the broader economy by 2050 has unquestionably accelerated the transition. With one of the most ambitious decarbonisation targets globally and one of the most difficult to implement, the downstream sector is key to delivering the transition both domestically and globally.
Today success is no longer just measured on safe and profitable operations, but also the delivery of energy and operational efficiency whilst demonstrating a commitment to ESG and circularity.
As North American refiners and petrochemical producers position themselves for a low carbon transition, and with no silver bullet to achieve net zero, the industry must form a coherent approach to take advantage of all opportunities. The challenge to invent new technologies, new supply chains, new value chains and new markets has never been so complex.
Following the success of ESF and ESF MENA, we are excited to announce ESF North America, the latest in our series of dedicated conferences to support the collaborations, discussions, and development of a sustainable energy future in which the oil and gas downstream industry continues to play a leading role.
Through interactive panel discussions, presentations and case studies, ESF NA will:
- Prepare the industry for tomorrow through market outlooks, future fuel predictions and transition preparation
- Explore the latest zero emissions technologies, including CCS and hydrogen, essential to achieving deep decarbonisation targets
- Present the latest hydroprocessing catalysts and process technologies to support the evolution of the region’s refiners through increased flexibility and (product slate) diversification
- Discuss the opportune pathways and implementation roadmaps for the industry
- Present case studies and strategies on how companies are implementing technologies to reduce the carbon footprint of their operations and assets
- Showcase the production and development of new low-carbon and alternative fuels
- Help you transition to a Circular Economy through waste (plastics) recycling and conversion technologies
- Explore the latest digital enabling technologies shaping future smart refining and petrochemicals production
For more information visit esfna.europetro.com
Ms Christina Romanova
T: +44 (0) 207 357 8394