Asia-Pacific Hydrogen Summit on 8-10 December
After dozens of countries took first steps signalling long-term hydrogen investment plans, targets, and roadmaps, it is time for governments and the private sector to overcome the reliance on fossil fuels, speed up hydrogen innovations and upscale them, if we are to seriously tackle the climate emergency.
Recent hydrogen announcements by Japan, Australia & Korea indicate the consensus is clear: to achieve the net zero emissions milestones, governments must act together and establish policy frameworks that stimulate integrated efforts. H2Korea’s Chairman, Jaedo Moon called for faster development of the hydrogen infrastructure at COP26:
“In order to overcome the global environmental crisis, we should transit to a hydrogen economy faster than now with the goal of realizing net-zero. As it is important to establish a global hydrogen supply chain, international standardization, and trade rules in addition to technological development in preparation for it, we are widely open for global cooperation.”
Jaedo Moon will join key policy figures, hydrogen producers and early adopters at the 2nd Asia-Pacific Hydrogen Summit on 8-10 December, where key public and private sector players will address these crucial issues of speed and scale of hydrogen developments through case study demonstrations, open dialogue and collaboration. The virtual event, organised by the Sustainable Energy Council, has the confirmed participation from senior-level figures, including:
- Hon Angus Taylor MP, Minister for Industry, Energy and Emissions Reduction, Government of Australia
- Hon Dr Megan Woods, Minister of Housing, Energy & Resources, Research, Science & Innovation & Associate Minister of Finance, Government of Australia
- Hon Mick de Brenni, Minister for Energy, Renewables and Hydrogen and Minister for Public Works and Procurement, Queensland Government, Australia
- Hon Stephen Patterson, Minister for Trade & Investment, South Australia Government, Australia
- Hon Alfonso G. Cusi, Secretary of Energy, Government of the Philippines
- Sugimori Tsutomu, Representative Director, Chairman of the Board, Group CEO, ENEOS Holdings Inc.
- Martijn Coopman, Program Manager Hydrogen Export/Import, Port of Rotterdam
- Liu Wie, Secretary-General, China Hydrogen Alliance (H2CN)
- Jaedo Moon, Chairman, H2 Korea
- Ohira Eiji, Director Gen, Fuel Cell & Hydrogen Office Advance Battery & Hydrogen Tech Dept. NEDO Japan
View the full speaker lineup here: www.asia-hydrogen-summit.com/2021-speakers/
The Summit welcomes 10 Ministers, 60+ speakers and is sponsored by the Star Scientific, Honeywell UOP, Port of Rotterdam, Linklaters, Infinite Blue Energy, Queensland Government Australia, Shearman & Sterling, Akin Gump, S&P Global Platts, Argus Media as well as having the support of multiple industry associations including H2Korea, Asia-Pacific Hydrogen Association, Asia Wind Energy Association, National Energy Resources Association, Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association of Singapore, Women in Green Hydrogen, H2Chile, Middle East Solar Industry Association, Clean Energy Business Council and the African Hydrogen Partnership.
The consensus is clear: to achieve the net zero emissions milestones, governments must act together and establish policy frameworks that stimulate integrated efforts.
For more information about the Summit, visit https://asia-hydrogen-summit.com/
About Sustainable Energy Council (SEC)
The Sustainable Energy Council (SEC) is a world-leading advisory, events and training producer for a cleaner and more sustainable world. SEC has created the Sustainable Energy Series and World Hydrogen Series, with events designed to enable participants to accelerate their respective actions towards their economic and climate sustainability goals.
For media queries, please contact:
Sustainable Energy Council
Phone: +44 20 7978 0064